Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Setting the stage

Today is "National Stress Awareness Day". Figures it would fall on a Monday. Who needs a vacation??


here is a little awareness about my stress....

My relationship is not easy. It never has been, it never will be. I also have been taught that the harder you work at something, the more you enjoy its rewards. (hello, cosmetology school!)
My parents have been divorced for 20 years now, they still can’t be in the same room together without world war 3 breaking out, and I still cringe when someone refers to my dad’s girlfriend as my stepmom(even though they have been together for over 12 years). So yes I come from a very broken home however I do not consider myself broken by any means. I am fortunate enough to know that divorce can be a good thing. I am so thankful that my parents did not stay together because growing up in a house with 2 miserable people does not help the child! So I find it very full circle of my life to be now dating a man with a child and an Ex-wife. I love him, I love the man he is and the man he wants to be. (haha, name that movie)
Now I am a very public person , however the people in my life deserve their right to privacy. For now on the staring roles will be played as follows…

“Prince charming” is my boyfriend…who doesn’t like to date prince’s haha
“Snow White” is my boyfriends daughter from if first marriage
& that would make me Queen Grimhilde...not that I want to be the wicked stepmother but there is no disney movie about a blended family (lets get on that people)
My blog (like my sweetheart )is a place where I feel safe to rant and rave, these are loving nicknames designed so I can simply talk more freely about ALL aspects of my life, my roots if you will tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment